Saturday, April 10, 2010

A road that never gets old....

I have been to 3 Countries, 2 Continents, and over 35 States. There seems to be something about Oregon that holds me captive. Among all the places I have been to I find the most beauty in Oregon. The mountains, rivers, forests, desert, and beaches all have a certain lure that is a constant hypnotizing natural aspect of life that remains mysterious.

But in all its beauty, somedays I get caught up in the rat race, worry too much about whats going on in my life to realize WHERE my life is taking place.

There is a road not far from my apartment and the college which still amazes me every time I turn down it.

Summit Drive is a three or four mile road that winds around Aubrey Butte and gives the most elegant glances of the Cascade Mountain Range. When the weather is clear the west is protected by huge sheets of cascading lave that steal my eyes from the road. It is sometimes unclear how I do not crash the car while being distracted by this natural beauty.

Mount Bachelor, Broken Top, South Sister, Middle Sister, North Sister, Black Crater, Three Fingered Jack, Mount Washington, Black Butte, Mount Jefferson, and on a clear day Mount Hood. The view spectacular, the emotion evoked- awestruck, and certain sense of overwhelmedness falls in your lap.

I wish you could see it from my perspective while I am on this road, for the view is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment