Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Taking Notes.

Have you ever read an article or book and by the time you finish you feel complete? Have you noticed that after time the Article or Book still carries a slight concept in your head but you cannot recall the main details and points that really made the story pop? I have. I do it all the time. I say, "Yeah I read that book!" but I really forgot why I liked it or didn't. Truth is, that I have forgotten the vivid descriptiveness of the piece but remember the general theme.

I just finished my third term of college at Central Oregon Community College, and a class with Aaron Lish who happens to be one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met. I took a literature class with him titled Survival Stories, which was a nice supplement to my Outdoor Leadership degree. We read three books and countless short stories regarding survival tales and techniques. throughout the term he suggested we took notes on the books and the authors writing styles. The technique worked when I applied it to my reading. Or when I even read.

So. . . Now I am going to start applying that concept to my everyday life. My girlfriend has an amazing best friend who also blogs on this site and I can't help but laugh at her writing style and the things that happens in her life. With the combination of Aaron Lish' directions to TAKE NOTES, and Emily's inspiration to document life as it unfolds. You will hear my triumphs, trageties, and tales of all sorts.

I have noamed my Blog "All these places have their moments," for a reason obviously. The Title comes from a Beatles song entitled "In My Life," a song that my mother sang to me when i was young and as far back as I can remember. The first line of the song is:

"There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all."

This is meaningful to me and my life and explains it awesomely.


From here on out I will be Taking Notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment